Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sleep Success

I have started reinforcing a new bed time/ sleep plan for Madisen in an attempt to break some bad habits and be more consistent myself. The last two nights have gone amazing and I was giving myself a pat on the back until I realized a few factors that may have contributed to my success that have not at all been my doing.
1. she played outside at a friends house for over and hour and got really tired
2. She hasn't taken a good nap, or even one at all in 2 days
3. (and this one is the kicker) she has been sick and the dr. recommended giving her benadryl at night.

So, maybe I shouldn't pat myself on the back just yet. But I will say, when starting a new sleep training program with kids, benadryl is proving very helpful. Don't judge me...the doctor told me too, however, if I knew it would help this much I may have considered.......

No comments:

Post a Comment