Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It finally happened! And then some

I woke up from a nap the other day to a very strange soft noise. I peeked out my door to find madisen cutting her hair with little kid scissors! She hardly has hair to begin with!!! Ahhhhh!! She cut a chunk out of her bangs, off the top and side of her head and who knows where else!!! The worst part is that I can't fix it! I can't cut the rest of her hair to match what she has done. Her only saving grace is that she has curly hair so I can kind of hide it....kind of. I will post pictures later but I am too heartbroken to document this, she seems unaffected however! And then today we had another first. We were on our way out to the park and she was complaining about her nose. So I told her to get a tissue and blow her nose. She said it hurt and was whining about it. I wish I could say that I had been more patient about it but I wasn't. So in the car she said this " we don't put apples in our nose...do we mom??" I said "madisen....did you put a piece of apple up your nose????"
she said "yeah, I did!" So, it took a little while to solve that problem but I laughed so hard and then felt bad that I hadn't given her more credit when she was complaining about her nose. But honestly....she has never put anything up there...how was I supposed to know?!!!! I think I have been initiated into a new phase of life this week.

5 comments:

  1. Cutting hair, sticking stuff up your nose... I think most kids go through that at some point. I know I've heard lots of stories about the damage I did as a kid, only it was frequently that I cut my BROTHERS hair or stuck stuff up HIS nose. I don't know how my mother lived with me back them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. every child has to cut their hair at some point! and the apple in the nose, i'm still laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Marci. YOu make me laugh. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marci...you've passed such mama milestones with the apple-nose thing and the cutting of the hair. I've never had to do either one of those things yet...knock on wood. But do take pictures, b/c someday it won't be quite so heartbreaking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice to talk to you on the phone today...thanks for the call! I think you're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete