Sunday, August 30, 2009

Touchdown!

Tyce has learned a new trick. Whenever we say "touchdown!" this is what he does. His uncle Jeff would be so proud. We took this picture on our camping trip in chelan, they loved it
This weekend we took our first and only family vacation with a good friend and her husband
in Chelan (about 2 hours from us) who invited us to go up their with them and another couple to go camping in her back yard ( it is huge!). It was really fun and there was so much to do there. IT is one of those 100 year old houses that her parents fixed up and they have a ton of acreage and horses and rose gardens and vegetable gardens that all you gardners would drool over. I don't think she would ever have to go to the store. It was really fun for the kids, but you deffinitely have to wathc your kids because there is alot they could get into. The little kids went horse back riding, we went our to eat at this great little shop and then we went swimming at the cleanest lake I have ever been to. It was a great weekend and just the right amount of time. It is so hard sometimes to go camping (or anywhere for that matter) with young children. Of course madi got
a bladder infection and needed to use the potty every 20 minutes and had a few accidents.
Anyway, it was really fun and it makes you appreciate your own bed and schedule you know?
Funny madi incident:
madi was in the bathroom filling up the sink with water ( does anyone else have a child obsessed with water?) and she dropped my phone in it.
me: madi!!!! You broke my phone.....I am so upset that you put it in the water
Madi: (holding her hands up in the air with a shrug) I wish I could help you mom........do you want a towel? but...... I still a nice girl
grandma christensen took madi potty during church and them she went to use the rest room
madi: okay grandma, just be careful!Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys! glad you had fun camping. Come visit me anytime here in utah!!

    ReplyDelete