Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So this week was my big canning week. I am so proud of myself, this is my first attempt canning peaches by myself. It really isn't as hard as it seems, I am just hoping no one gets botulism from these. Keep your fingers crossed.
My sister and I also made this home made applesauce. Her husband is a farmer and has an apple orchard so we got these right off the tree. I think we ended up with 17 containers. It tastes amazing with whip cream on top becaue we put cinnamon and sugar in ours. It took us about 6 hours to do it and clean up. I was exhausted at the end of the day.
With some of the leftover peaches I made this freezer peach jam and I also froze some peaches to use later for pies or smoothies. Last night I canned some spaghetti sauce with a friend until about 10 o'clock but I couldn't post a picture becaue it is setting up at her house. It smelled great though.
And, while I was busy building up my food storage all week, this is what my kids were doing. And i didn't even care as long as they were out of my way and steered clear of the large pot of boiling water that was going for hours at a time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Last time I saw you, Maddi was just a baby. I need to see you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Marci! Canning is so fun and SO exhausting. And canned peaches are SO delicious! You will love it! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete