Sunday, June 28, 2009

Small moments

I think it was last october conference, elder ballard gave a talk about motherhood and he said to enjoy the small moments. This week I recognized a few small moments where I took a mental picture of the moment and put it under my " I love to be a mother file".

1. I was making huge bubbles with the kids outside and madi dumped the whole bucket of sudsy water all over herself, and I , like the good mother I am, kept refilling it for her so she could "slip and slide" in the soap on our trampoline.
2. Madi fell asleep on my lap while I read her a story before naptime
3. Mark and I were pulling weeds and working in the yard and madi and tyce were outside with us on a blanket and madi was making tyce laugh so hard! He has the funniest low belly laugh I have ever heard on a baby! I love when they laugh together.
4. Madi came up to me and said out of the blue " I love you mom"
5. tyce played happily on the floor while I made dinner one evening
6. Madi didn't have and accident today

I know these don't seem like a big deal, but they meant alot to me at the time. I think elder ballard was right to encourage us to appreciate and enjoy the small moments, it made my week that much sweeter. And no, I didn't take any pictures of these small moments, I just sat and enjoyed them!

Funny madi quotes:

We were driving home from somwhere and had just reached the house when madi said: Let me out, so I can see the world!"

My sister audrey was speaking in church today and madi pints to someone in the bishopric and says, "he looks funny.." and then pointing to audrey "but she looks beautiful!"

2 comments:

  1. Marci! Hey! It's Alexis- I've been thinking about you lately, and then come to find you through Bre's blog- your kiddos are super cute, and I love your little girls sayings. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, I have been staling your blog for a while now and have never left a comment but I love keeping up with what is going on with you guys!! By the way, everytime I make cinnamon rolls I think of jason!

    ReplyDelete