Sunday, June 3, 2012

Soccer

There are moments or milestones in life that take me by surprise and  leave me a  little breathless at how quickly life moves.  This is one of those.  Madi was old enough to play on a soccer team and as I watched her play with the other two kids in tow, I thought how this was the very first game that I sat and watched one of my children play, and how many more games were yet to come.  It made me excited and also  little sad as my little family enters the world of school and sports and other commitments.  I have been flying below the radar, and now will be in full view.  It was so fun for Mark and I to watch her play!  we weren't really sure if she would really interact, or be aggressive at all and were really surprised at how well she did!  She did great!  We have had our suspicions that she might be an athlete with how tall she is, and strong.  In any case, she really enjoyed it, and we enjoyed watching her.



 The very best part about soccer were the treats at the end of the game, that is as predictable and unchanging as the as the rising and setting of the sun,  it's why you play in Madi's opinion.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy updating, I loved them all. I didn't know Madi played soccer, I never saw you there. Although I guess she would have been in a different age bracket than Kyla. It sounds like Madi took to it way better than Kyla did. It wasn't until the last game that she actually would kick the ball :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new pics and updates. Soccer is a big milestone!! You're in it, Marci. People keep telling me the craziness doesn't stop from here on out, for like the next 20 years. Do people tell you that too? It's half exciting to me, half super scary. :) Go you!

    ReplyDelete