Thursday, March 1, 2012

Emerging

The last few months for me have been a doozy. My mom came over the other day and laughed because I still have my fall wreath up on my door and my christmas mat at the foot of my door. It is now March. I defended myself by saying, yep, you can pretty much tell when I lost the will to do anything but survive! I thought of a couple cute ways to say this but just don't have it in me other than to say we are expecting our 4th baby in August!! We are really excited for this addition to our family, but man alive, I just feel so crummy when I am pregnant! Mark has been wonderful and has had to pick up a lot of slack the last couple of months. It is just no fun to come home from work everyday to your wife in the fetal position on the couch either looking like a dead mommy or crying because she feels so terrible. Every time I am at this point in my pregnancies I think to myself "I don't think I can do this again". But, I feel like I am having a few more good days, and my bad days aren't as bad as they were a week or so ago, so I am crossing my fingers that maybe I am pulling out of this. So, hello world, I am slowly coming back to you, and to the realization of what a house will look like after 4 months of neglect and 3 children who took advantage of a not- so -coherent mother!! Let the games begin!

Tonight I was listening to a podcast on some ideas about disciplining children and mothering in general, when my mom stopped by to drop something off. I was out in the kitchen and she ran back to my room to use the computer where madi and tyce were listening to the podcast with me and coloring.
my mom: what are you guys listening to?

madi: mom is just trying to learn how to control us.

That about sums it up. I couldn't have put it better myself.


5 comments:

  1. Marci, you can always make me laugh! Madi is too funny! Congrats on #4. It sounds like your first few months were like mine and I can remember it all too well. I just hope and pray your recovery is not like mine has been because that will definitely make you say, "I can't do this again". Good luck, I hope things continue to get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precocious! :)
    And pregnancy is just hard. Worth it, but hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!

    Now start controlling those kids of yours!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Madi! She always just says it how it is. Too funny. I hope you continue to feel better! Now you can replace that wreath and mat with some tacky st pat day decorations! Are there any tasteful st pat decorations anywhere?! Don't think so. I'm trying to figure out how to decorate for march.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Madi! It is one of my favorite things when you post what she's sad.

    Congratulations on the new baby! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete