Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adventures in Sacrament Meeting


Church is pretty entertaining with 3 kids. You never know what irreverent episode is going to take place, and Mark and I are constantly on our toes and very, very grateful that Hali now is old enough to attend nursery. I am pretty sure the elders quorum had a party the day she went into nursery! Here are a few examples of funny things that have happened while at church, usually sacrament which is where all parent's know they can count on their children to be running on all cylinders!

We got to church late (gasp!!! Yes it has happened once or twice, or maybe every sunday!) and were sitting out in the foyer waiting for the sacrament to finish so we could make the walk of shame from the foyer to the back row as quietly as possible. Madi was asking us what we were waiting for and I told her we were waiting for them to be done passing the sacrament and she said this in shock and disbelief, " WHAT!!?? We missed the food!!!!"

One Sunday during sacrament meeting, we happened to sit behind a family that has a little girl a little younger than madi named Emily. Emily and madi actually go to preschool together so they are buddies. Anyway, Emily made her way around to our pew and she and madi started coloring. I looked over to see that madi had created a drawing of two stick-figure girls with blond hair. She leaned over and whispered (thankfully, it was right in the middle of someones talk) for me to label the stick-figures gilrs madi and "emily". I did, and then didn't think anything of it as they went on coloring and we later wen't to our other classes at church. A few days later she pulled out the picture she had drawn of her and emily and said, musing to herself, " i never knew emily and i looked so much alike"

This one could top them all. We had just been passed the sacrament and had passed it on when we hear a strange sound. I looked over and there was Hali, head tilted back, gargling the sacrament water. It should be noted that Hali does this frequently at home and after gargling, she usually spits a stream of water as far as she can in front of her. in panic I slammed my hand over her mouth in an attempt to stop what I knew was coming next, and held it there until she swallowed. By that time everyone behind, to the side, and in front of us was looking back and doing their darndest to muffle their laughter (some were more successful than others). I am surprised we haven't been kicked out although I have the sneaking suspicion we are allowed to stay for comic relief.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love Madi! And it always makes me grateful when the people around me laugh at whatever I am trying to prevent my kids doing...like spitting out the sacrament water! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Marci!!! Your kids are so hilarious and cute and you're such a great mom, OF COURSE you should be having another! That's good for ALL of us. Can't wait to see pics and know the gender and stuff! Good luck getting through yucky and tired. Which sometimes sort of lasts the whole time, when it's not your first. ;) Wish we lived closer and I could take your children while you cry and nap!

    ReplyDelete