Thursday, October 28, 2010

Free at last!

I woke up this morning with a sense of excitement. Today was a momentous day. Tyce got a bed and we put it in madi's room and now I can finally put Hali to sleep in her own room! All day today I planned what I would do with my free time this evening and with free reign in my room again. I looked around at the messy house and smiled to myself because as soon as the kids went down I was going to take control of the clutter once again. Maybe I would watch a movie or fold the 6 loads of laundry (the bane of my existence) that have been taunting me with guilt the last couple of days. Or maybe I would finish a project I started 3 weeks ago, or post pictures and blog about tyce and madi's birthdays or Hali's smiley face. The possibilities were endless. I just put hali to bed and then read to the kids extra long and sang about 6 songs to get them wound down for bed. And so as I sit typing this.....all three are crying in their rooms, and the laundry and clutter that surrounds me seems like a bigger task to tackle than it did earlier in the day. Mark won't be home until tomorrow and I am exhausted. I don't feel like doing any of the things I had planned for this evening, but I feel happy anyway! we had a good day with a costume party at preschool, a quick visit to grandma's, and homemeade tomato-basil-parmesan soup for dinner. I wish mark was here to share it with, but I loved being a mom today despite the mess and the laundry (well, maybe not the laundry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment