Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things to remember

A the beginning of this year I wanted to write down the things about my kids I want to remember at this age, so at the end of the year I could see the changes. I'ts not exactly the beginning of the year but close enough.
Madi: started sunbeams this year, is mostly potty-trained, loves to change clothes all day long and wears her swimsuit to bed, loves to wear her dress ups, loves dancing to music and still walks mostly on her tippy-toes, she still has a hard time staying in bed at night, still drags her ratty blanket all over with her, thinks her blanket is an actual person and calls it "she", is super active and busy, I have a hard time getting her to sit through primary, her favorite movie changes every week, most recently it has been pocahontas or the backyardigans, her favorite books are The Princess and the pea, Where the Wild things Are and If you give Pig a Pancake, her favorite food is a pancake, her favorite color is purple, she still throws a fit when we have to leave any grandma's house, she can buckle herself in her booster seat, has curly hair that just won't grow, she loves to help me in the kitchen, she is stubborn and sweet and brave all at the same time, she will only let me put her down at night and cries for her dad every morning when he leaves for work, still takes a nap almost everyday. She is a fireball and I love her so much!



Tyce: Goes to nursery (he is a little young but grandma and grandpa are the nursery leaders, lucky us!), Loves to eat, thinks madi is a great playmate, hates to get his diaper changed, loves his orange and white polka-dotted blanket almost as much as madi loves her blanket, is trying to wink with both eyes, makes me laugh everyday, like to pretend he is shooting a gun with anything he can get his hands on, makes car noises with his little cars, loves being outside and throws a fit when we bring him in, likes to dance with madi, is actually letting us read him a book without throwing a fit, can say quite a few words like: ball, more, mom, dad, blankie, I want that, thank you, papa, guys, bye, and a handful of other phrases, loves spaghetti and pancakes, has to do everything himself, must have his own fork at dinner, wants to drink from a regular cup and spills every time, loves the bath and practices swimming, loves his dad and checks out the window all day for him, loves cell phones and pretends to talk to his dad all day, is such a little entertainer and has started rolling in a circle around the living room. I just love him and can't get enough!

mark: is general contractor to his first house, a house he also drew the plans for so that is exciting to be apart of a house from the beginning, says he is going to do a triathalon this fall, hasn't started training yet, plays church basketball, is the blazer leader, dreams of owning a boat this summer, keep dreaming mark!! we love you and appreciate all your hard work!

For myself: I want to remember what it feels like to fit into my favorite jeans and how great it is to sleep through the night and be able to have a day to myself every now and then because come august, all those things will be a distant memory. You guessed it, I' pregnant! About 14 weeks and looking forward to feeling better!

12 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! So excited for you!!!!! Our kids can be playmates, roommates at BYU, and then marry the twin! It'll be a perfect perfect world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Marce! I hope you feel better soon too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What a happy surprise! I hope you feel better soon and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marci! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. A new baby is something to be so happy abut! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! We LOVE babies!!!!
    Congratulations Marci!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Marci! How exciting! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Marci! It looks like you've got quite the perfect little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marci, congrats! That is so exciting! We miss you guys so much! We will have to get together sometime, when you are feeling better...that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sharae! I have been thinking about you! YOu are usually my pregnant pal, so will you be joining me soon in pregnant bliss!??

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG... OMG ... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS MARCI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So Tyce goes to nursery...do you think Connie would take a 14 month old???

    Once again, congrats. I am excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marci! About being your pregnant pal...well, not that I know of! Just kidding! Not right now! I am working on keeping up with my busy boys! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete