Sunday, July 19, 2009

Top 10

Top ten reasons why I love this picture:
1. Notice madi's outfit, green sweater in the middle of july! I have yet to win a wardrobe battle when she puts her mind to something
2. Everytime she wears these blue pajama shorts she reminds me that they were her cousin carson's and he gave them to her, which is not the case, so tiff, if you are missing the set to some blue pajama bottoms, well, here they are
3. We have to sing "row, row, row, your boat everytime either of the kids get in this laundry basket
4. Tyce looks like he is holding on for dear life
5.They played with this basket happily for about 10 minutes
6. Tyce laughed as madi pulled him all over our house, road bumps and everything
7. It looks like that doll in the back ground was a casualty of the "boat" escapade
8. They are both looking at the camera....how rare is that?
9. I am not in it
10. There are no clothes in the basket which means I actually got them all folded! I am gloating even now as I write this!!

You know you can almost feel a catastrophic day coming on when you hear these words from your husband "I have been asked to speak with a high council member on sunday in another city" For those of you who don't know, this simple phrase implies so much.
1. I will battle my children alone on sunday, i will be switching from one- on- one, to zone defense (those of you who don't know me well might actually be fooled into thinking i know basketball.....)
2. mark probably will forget to ask someone to teach his sunday school class so I will have to do it.
3. There will undoubtedly be at least one melt down in which new sunday clothes or shoes will have to be found. (it was the shoes, she lost the matching pair and it was all I could do to find a matching pair that of coure she didn't wear at all during church.

So I knew there would be some challenges today but what I didn't know was that I would jump in my car ( with enough time to get to church on time thank you very much) To find that I couldn't get my car to run. I thought I had a flat tire and pulled off the road onto the bank by our house and then proceeded to get the car stuck in sinking dirt. I was able to get a hold of my mom in the nick of time to come pick us up and change the carseats over to get to church a half hour late. I did end up teaching mark's sunday school class with tyce in tow for half the lesson, and then I had to drag the whole class in to the nursery with me to do singing time ( I am the primary chorister). To top it all off I was teaching our primary kids a new song.............in spanish. I speak more romanian than I do spanish and the two languages have somehow converged in my head so really I don't know which is which. "whats that thing called when everything intersects? the bermuda triangle!" ( if you can tell me what movie that is from you are my hero). Anyway, mark met us at the end of church and drove us home and then went out to see what tire was flat and he discovered that all my tires were fine.........I had my emergency break on. So now it is officially time to end my special day......until next time.
seriously though, who know what movie that is from.......keep in mind it is me quoting it, that should narrow things down a bit.

10 comments:

  1. Sleepless in Seattle!?!?!?!?! "Am I right or am I right or am I right...right...right...right?" (Name THAT quote!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah bre!!! I knew I could count on you! I totally know that quote but I can't put my finger on it......man that is going to kill me. "why don't you just tell me what you want me to say" name that quote bre!! And please answer yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you marilee!!!!! That was killing me. NOw I will have to use that quote sometime in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. marci
    love the dialogue in your posts, all the thoughts that have been swirling around in your head have now found a creative and productive outlet! it is nice when you can see the humor in the day to day things. i can sympathize (or is it empathize) with your sunday sitting alone situation. that's how i feel when chriss tells me she's going to be out of town on sunday and she didn't even ask for my permission to leave me alone with all 5 kids. luckily lisa christensen sits in front of me and dylan sits with her almost every week, i think derek has secretly given this to her as one of her sunday callings because she is quite faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, marci. Days like that... yep. Glad it's passed. :) Keep the e-brake/car is broken down trick in mind for the next time you need an excuse to slow down a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Marci your Sunday story is killing me - great to laugh about things after the fact - no? It reminds me of my oatmeal Sunday - look for that one on my blog! ( :
    So.. What did the high council man need to talk to Marc about??

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one crazy day! Is your quote "Why don't you just tell me what you want me to say?" from Seinfeld? My friends quote it all the time. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete