Thursday, January 5, 2012

Super Mom in disguise

Today I was feeling ambitious and wanted to clean out and reorganize my closet. Among the pile of clothes I spotted tyce's missing shorts.
Me : Tyce look! I found your shorts
Tyce: ohhhh!! Awesome! Mom do you have magical powers?

why yes........yes I do. Thank you for noticing.

In case you think I really am super mom, I must admit this conversation I had with mark this very evening

Mark: any chance you did any whites? he asked with raised eye brows and skepticism in his voice
Me: ummmm, I got them in the wash?!
Mark: that IS an important step. Any chance they made it into the dryer??
Me: (with some hesitation) nooooo, not exactly, but I put them in the wash this morning so maybe by now some are dry??? (hopeful)
Mark: I doubt it

You can't win them all, it's nice to know that at least one person in this family has seen past the "mediocre mom" facade I try so desperately to pull off in order to keep my "super mom" true self under wraps. It's a tough job, and takes all of my time and concentration.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. I have totally used a box fan to dry David's whites while he's in the shower in the morning so he'll have underwear to wear when he gets out. A number of times. It works. The washer is, I think, not just AN important step, but the MOST important step. Because you can fan dry anything once it's clean. :)

    ReplyDelete