Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Nice Will"

A few weeks ago I made a quick decision to run into Goodwill on my way to the grocery store and I hit the jackpot! I found the above deskwith hutch for $15!! Of course when I bought it was a light oak color, but not for long! I painted it white to match my bedroom because as you know my bedroom/office/workout room/craft room was getting a little cluttered and needed a makeover! I also got two uphostered chairs, a few vases that I also painted (you cannot bring furniture or accesories into my home without it being attacked by a can or two of primer and spray paint. It is a fact of life my husband has come to deal with and accept...in that order!). Anyway, I was so excited! I had been looking for a desk with a hutch and 2 chairs I could reupholster for months and the price tage made it "the One" for me! You can't beat $6 a chair! So the next day madi asked: Mom, will we be going to "Nicewill" again today?
I chuckeled and said, yes...."will" has been very nice to us lately hasn't he?

Here is a before of the chair

And the after. Not quite done in this picture but you get the idea. I had to paint the legs (I had to paint someting on this chair!!) but the whole thing came together easier than I had expected.

Found this old fram for $1 and used some scrap fabric I had to make a bow holder. This picture was taken before I glazed it to make some of the details stand out.

This is a rocking chair I inherited from Mark's aunt and uncle. It was a light oak. I got a new rocker/recliner when hali was born and wanted to play around with this chair so I painted it green, glazed it to make the details stand out and then recovered the cushions with black and white tualle (sp?). I donated it to our church's mother's lounge becasue we have way more mother's than chairs in their!

Like I said before, I gave my room a little makeover and painted these black sidetables and dresser white to match my bedding. I love how it turned out, it looks so clean and fresh! Note* this picture was not staged, excuse the clutter!

So...if you were wondering what I have been doing at naptimes and in the evening......there you go. And thanks again "Will" we think you are super nice!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Marci,

    I want to be you when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-hoo, Marce!!!! I've been dying to see the pictures. :) I think the rocker is my favorite, you are NICE to donate it to the mother's lounge (though I agree, there are always more mothers than rockers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle....thank you! But why set your sights so low?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-do cute and that desk with hutch was such a steal! I have no furniture to cover, and have no room to add much, but I want to learn how you, Marilee, and Tiffani have done this. Please teach me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marci! It looks fabulous! All of it! You're Ah-MAZ-ing!!! (and just fyi - its "toile" - a french word ;) I have been dying to do some projects with furniture but I find it so difficult with a baby... I'm working on a 100 year old door that I salvaged from the garbage. Trying to make it into a head board for my bed (which hasn't had a headboard since 2008...) and though its close to being done, I just can't find the time to finish it!!! Ahh! Maybe I just need to fly you down for the weekend. ;) Love ya, Marci.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. The "nice will" comment from Maddi is adorable... They are so funny! I love it.

    ReplyDelete